Easy Broiled Beef Galbi (Beef Short Ribs)
- 5.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin butter
- I used this pumpkin butter from Trader Joe’s, but if you don’t have pumpkin butter handy, just substitute with 1/2 tablespoon honey and it will taste just as good. If you want to replicate the spices from the pumpkin butter, substitute with 1/2 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 kiwi
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings
- First, let’s make the marinade! In the cup of a blender, add sugar, pumpkin butter, mirin, water, garlic, sesame oil, white pepper, and kiwi. Blend the marinade until evenly combined.
- Dip each piece of beef short rib in the marinade and then place in a container or a Ziploc bag. Once you’ve dipped all the pieces, pour the rest of the marinade on top.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least an hour and preferably overnight.
- Now, it’s time to cook the galbi! Turn on the broiler and let it preheat for 5 minutes. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Take each piece of the galbi and place it onto sheet pan.
- Broil for about 4 minutes. Take the sheet pan out and flip all the pieces. Broil for another 2 minutes. You’re done!
Easy Broiled Beef Galbi (Beef Short Ribs) is a super delicious and easy lunch or dinner! It tastes just like what you would get while at Korean barbecue, just super tender, juicy, caramelized with the sweetness coming through from the kiwi, sugar, and in this case, pumpkin butter. Obviously, most of the time, there isn’t pumpkin butter in galbi, but the spices in the pumpkin butter helps bring out the flavor of the beef really well. It’s a twist on the original that I hope you all enjoy. Let me know in the comments below if you made this Easy Broiled Beef Galbi (Beef Short Ribs) and how it went!