Matcha Pound Cake
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aiya Matcha, an awesome premium matcha brand. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thanks for supporting me and the brands that help make Jen’s Food Lab possible!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sour cream at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups (384) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Aiya Culinary Grade Matcha
This recipe makes approximately 2 loaves of Matcha Pound Cake.
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease the loaf pans with melted butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and beat on high speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat on high speed until sugar is evenly combined and fluffy.
- Then, add cream cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract until evenly combined.
- Then, add in 3 eggs and beat on medium speed until evenly combined. Repeat for the remaininy 3 eggs.
- After, let’s add the dry ingredients! Add the flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt, and matcha to the batter. Mix on low speed until evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pans and hit the pans against the counter to get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until golden brown and you’re done!
Matcha Pound Cake is a perfect cake to make if you are in the mood for a super moist cake with a caramelized crust and delicious matcha flavor to balance it all out. The combination of the dairy ingredients in this recipe can keep this cake moist for quite a few days and is the perfect bite to have after dinner. The matcha flavor helps cut through the sugar with a subtle flavor that balances the vanilla. Let me know in the comments below if you made this Matcha Pound Cake and how it went!
If you’d like to support me and my food journey, buy some of my cute Asian food inspired stickers! (More pricing options here.)
Jen’s Food Lab Combo Pack
Get the best of both worlds with two of each sticker! You’ll receive two Dim Sum Board stickers and two Asian FOOD stickers.