Matcha Levain Chocolate and Almond Cookies
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aiya Matcha, an awesome premium matcha brand. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thanks for supporting me and the brands that help make Jen’s Food Lab possible!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Aiya Culinary Grade Matcha
- 2 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
This recipe makes approximately 10 cookies.
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and beat on high speed until creamy.
- Add light brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on high speed until sugar is evenly combined and fluffy.
- Then, add eggs and mix until evenly combined.
- After, let’s add the dry ingredients! Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and matcha. Mix on low speed until evenly combined.
- Add almonds and chocolate chips. Mix with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.
- Roll the dough into 10 evenly shaped balls. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown and you’re done!
Matcha Levain Chocolate and Almond Cookies are a twist on the classic cookie made by the Levain Bakery in New York City. Their cookie is known for being huge and delicious and quite literally melts in your mouth with pools of chocolate and some crunch. They’re SO good, but I wanted to put a slight spin on it and use matcha in the batter to complement the melted chocolate. The almonds are a slight change from the walnuts and add another crunch. Definitely eat them hot! Let me know in the comments below if you made this Matcha Levain Chocolate and Almond Cookies and how it went!
If you’d like to support me and my food journey, buy some of my cute Asian food inspired stickers! (More pricing options here.)
Jen’s Food Lab Combo Pack
Get the best of both worlds with two of each sticker! You’ll receive two Dim Sum Board stickers and two Asian FOOD stickers.