Matcha Blueberry Muffins
- 4 tablespoons (57 grams) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar + 5 teaspoons for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Aiya Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) water, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, room temperature
This makes approximately 5 muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin tin for your muffins. Make sure you leave at least 1 open space between the muffins, so that they don’t stick together.
- First, in a bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix on high speed until the mixture is combined and creamy.
- Add the egg. Mix on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Add flour, matcha, dry milk powder, baking powder, salt, water, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Crush half of the blueberries and add to the batter. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the rest of the blueberries. Use a silicon spatula to evenly combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- Let the batter rest for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of each muffin until covered.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the muffin tops are slightly browned and you’re done!
Matcha Blueberry Muffins are a twist on the classic blueberry muffin that everyone loves. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet for breakfast or for dessert, these muffins would be perfect. I love how the matcha and blueberry flavors complement each other and also add an awesome splash of color. The sugar topping also creates a crispy muffin top, while the rest of the muffin is soft and fluffy. Let me know in the comments below if you made these Matcha Blueberry Muffins and how it went!
If you’d like to support me and my food journey, buy some of my cute Asian food inspired stickers! (More pricing options here.)
Jen’s Food Lab Combo Pack
Get the best of both worlds with two of each sticker! You’ll receive two Dim Sum Board stickers and two Asian FOOD stickers.