Matcha Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aiya Matcha, an awesome premium matcha brand. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thanks for supporting me and the brands that help make Jen’s Food Lab possible!
Ingredients for the banana bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups (256g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
Ingredients for the cream cheese swirl
- 2 tablespoons Aiya Culinary Grade Matcha
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg at room temperature
This recipe makes approximately 1 loaf of banana bread.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the loaf pan for your banana bread.
- Next, mash the ripe bananas and set aside.
- Now to make the banana bread. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Then, add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, butter, and sugar. Mix on low speed to evenly combine.
- Now, let’s make the matcha swirl. In a clean bowl of a stand mixer, add matcha, cream cheese, sugar, and flour. Mix until creamy and evenly combined. Add egg and mix again until evenly combined.
- Pour half of the banana bread batter into the loaf pan. Then, add half of the cream cheese on top. Pour the rest of the banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese. Then add the rest of the cream cheese in dollops on the very top. Take the end of a spatula and swirl around the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden brown and you’re done!
Matcha Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread is a twist on the classic banana bread that we all know and love. Banana bread is such a moist and sweet quick bread that is a perfect complement to the slightly tangy and matcha-flavored cream cheese swirl. This one is not too difficult to make and is a great use of your extra bananas. The matcha swirl is also just super pretty when you cut the banana bread in slices, so definitely a party pleaser. Let me know in the comments below if you made this Matcha Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread and how it went!
If you’d like to support me and my food journey, buy some of my cute Asian food inspired stickers! (More pricing options here.)
Jen’s Food Lab Combo Pack
Get the best of both worlds with two of each sticker! You’ll receive two Dim Sum Board stickers and two Asian FOOD stickers.