Matcha Aloe Vera Lemonade
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aiya Matcha, an awesome premium matcha brand. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thanks for supporting me and the brands that help make Jen’s Food Lab possible!
- 3 inches of a large aloe leaf
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 packet Aiya Sweetened Matcha To Go Sticks
- You can also use 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder and 1 tablespoon sugar as a substitute or adjust to your tastes.
- 1/2 cup ice
- Sugar to taste
This recipe makes a 1 glass of lemonade.
- First, let’s prepare the aloe vera leaf. Cut off the spiny aloe vera thorns and then take a knife and remove all the green skin. The skin is toxic, so make sure to peel it off entirely. Then, rinse the aloe vera gel with water.
- In a medium saucepan, add the aloe vera gel and enough water to cover it. Bring the water to a boil and drain. Take the aloe vera gel and add honey. Mix and let it cool.
- In a tall glass, add water, juice from 1 lemon, and the Aiya Sweetened Matcha To Go Stick. Using a whisk or a milk frother, mix until evenly combined.
- Finally, to assemble, add ice, aloe vera gel, and matcha lemonade. Mix and you’re done! You might need to adjust the sugar to taste depending on how used to eating fresh aloe vera you are.
Matcha Aloe Vera Lemonade is such a delicious and simple drink recipe. I know a lot of you love matcha lemonade, so I figured I’d put a spin on it by adding some aloe vera. Aloe vera is known to be very nutritious and have a lot of benefits (that you should research yourself, since I’m not a doctor haha), but I think it has a fun texture and adds a nice flair to this drink. Both the aloe vera and the lemonade brings out the earthy tones of the matcha, making this a super refreshing drink to have during the day. Let me know in the comments below if you made this Matcha Aloe Vera Lemonade and how it went!
If you’d like to support me and my food journey, buy some of my cute Asian food inspired stickers! (More pricing options here.)
Jen’s Food Lab Combo Pack
Get the best of both worlds with two of each sticker! You’ll receive two Dim Sum Board stickers and two Asian FOOD stickers.